The national curriculum for computing aims to ensure that all pupils:
- can use technology safely and responsibly
- can understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation
- can analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems
- can evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, analytically to solve problems
- are responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology.
The school has a computer suite and tablets available for children to use. Key Skills are taught in the computer suite and the tablets enable children to use ICT across the curriculum.
In Key Stage One pupils learn about internet safety through Smartie the Penguin and in Key Stage Two we learn to 'Zip it, Block it and Flag it.'