- Home Learning goes out on a Friday and is due back the following Wednesday.
- Spellings are sent home on a Friday and the children are tested the following Friday
- Reading at home: Parents are encouraged to read every day with their child and make a note in their reading journal. Books are changed when a parent signs that the book is finished. The children have a library session once a week when they can return and change their library books.
- Times Tables Parents are encouraged to practise a different times table each week.
- Maths/English Home Learning Each week the children will be set either a Maths or English task. We encourage the children to make choices about their learning, so the task will involve them choosing an activity to complete from several options.
All clothes and bags should be clearly named.
School Uniform: Grey or black skirt/trousers/pinafore dress/shorts, white shirt/polo shirt, green jumper, white/grey/black socks and black school shoes (Velcro or laces) NOT trainers/boots/sandals.
Indoor PE kit: Black/blue shorts and white t-shirt.
Outdoor PE kit: Black/blue tracksuit bottoms, white t-shirt, trainers and a jumper.
Year 3 have PE planned into their timetable twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday. It is best if PE kits are kept in school all week as timetables are subject to change. Please note that tights are not part of our school PE kit, so please ensure that your child has a spare pair of socks in their bag.
Food and Drink
We encourage children in Year 3 to bring in their own named water bottle which can be kept in the classroom for accessible drinking. This bottle is in addition to the drink in their lunch box and must contain water only.
Please also remember a healthy snack for break time each day, This is particularly important as Key Stage 2 have a later lunch, eating at 12:30pm.
Medicine should be handed in at the office in the morning with clear instructions and permission. If your child needs permanent medicine at school this should be clearly labelled and handed in to the medical room.
Attendance and Punctuality
The school day begins at 8:45 and ends at 3:20. The register is taken promptly at 8:55am. The school office should be notified as soon as possible if a child absent.